Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Wild Things
EE Master-Compilation: Wild-916K1
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Antiques Roadshow
- Antiques Roadshow Wild Things
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
In this special edition, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW "Wild Things" revisits the most memorable animal-themed antiques and collectibles showcased on ROADSHOW over the years. Some of the warm and fuzzy discoveries include a 19th-century Charles Van den Eycken painting of cavorting kittens — an ode to the "inner wild thing" — appraised for $15,000 to $25,000. Among the more dramatic beasts of prey are a late period bronze Egyptian falcon mummy sarcophagus worth between $12,000 and $18,000. And in the category of creatures of the imagination is a sculpture depicting the elusive "kangaroo bird" as dreamed up and sculpted by the legendary Dr. Seuss in the 1930s, authenticated in a letter from Seuss himself, and valued at $25,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Wild Things,” 05/09/2005, GBH Archives, accessed January 21, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_427B613A3005428FA34755DB24E0D63C.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Wild Things.” 05/09/2005. GBH Archives. Web. January 21, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_427B613A3005428FA34755DB24E0D63C>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Wild Things. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_427B613A3005428FA34755DB24E0D63C