Say Brother; Button Up Your Overcoat, pt. 2
Part of Say Brother.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Say Brother
- Button Up Your Overcoat, pt. 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Program continues discussion of issues discussed in Program 1004, "Button Up Your Overcoat": solar energy, weatherization, fuel assistance programs in Boston, and fire prevention. Host Barbara Barrow-Murray, in a live program, speaks with Alan Ackerman (President of Energyworks, Inc., a consulting firm that provides assistance with weatherization), Gloria Fox (Executive Director of the Roxbury-North Dorchester APAC, part of Action for Boston Community Devlopment, an agency responsible for fuel assistance programs), Lieutenant Roy Burrill (a Boston firefighter and member of the Vulcans, an African American firefighters group), and Dick Pierce (a solar energy expert and Director of the Northeast Solar Resource Center, Cambridge). Program includes a repeat of the roll-in interview conducted by Beth Deare with Dick Pierce aired in Program 1004 and viewer calls.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Pierce, Roy
- Roxbury-North Dorchester APAC (Roxbury, Mass.)
- Self-help housing
- Burrill, Roy
- Energyworks, Inc. (Boston, Mass.)
- Northeast Solar Resource Center (Cambridge, Mass.)
- Solar houses
- Fire prevention
- Fox, Gloria
- Ackerman, Allan
- Race and Ethnicity
- Deare, Beth (Associate Producer)
- Clarke, Brian (Director)
- Barbara Barrow-Murray (Producer)
- Lewis, Webster (Theme Music)
- Sullivan, John L. (Lighting Director)
- Wareham, Skip (Camera)
- Mahard, Fran (Scenic Design)
- Norton, Chas (Lighting Assistant)
- Hill, Rebecca (Fashion Consultant)
- Mackles, Gene (Graphic Designer)
- Wong, Evelyn (Production Assistant)
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Host)
- Bordett, Bruce (Stage Manager)
- Joe Pug;iesi (videotape recordist) (Other)
- MacDonald, Greg (Camera)
- Correia, Dennis (Video)
- Coleman, Vern (Audio)
- Koppel, Tiit (Switcher)
- Morales, Carmen (Production Secretary)
- Melendez, Celenia (Intern)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; Button Up Your Overcoat, pt. 2,” 12/21/1979, GBH Archives, accessed January 18, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E58205B3D364205AF92F77381DA1D97.
- MLA: “Say Brother; Button Up Your Overcoat, pt. 2.” 12/21/1979. GBH Archives. Web. January 18, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E58205B3D364205AF92F77381DA1D97>.
- APA: Say Brother; Button Up Your Overcoat, pt. 2. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E58205B3D364205AF92F77381DA1D97