FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An
Part of Frontline.
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The
- Appointment with Death, An
- Program Number
- Series Description
FRONTLINE is investigative journalism that questions, explains and changes our world. Since 1983, FRONTLINE has served as PBS's flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience.
- Program Description
This special focuses on the controversial issues of Euthanasia and doctor- assisted suicide. Although both practices take place in the United States, most doctors and patients are unwilling to discuss their personal experiences because the practices are illegal. This documentary includes a 70-minute documentary including the candid conversations of doctors, patients and their families as they make life-and-death decisions in Holland, the only nation where Euthanasia is openly practiced and condoned. NOTE: March 1993 airing entitled "Choosing Death: A Health Quarterly/FRONTLINE Special" includes a panel of experts who join Roger Mudd and a studio audience to discuss the implications of Holland's experience for the debate in the United States. January 1994 airing entitled "An Appointment With Death" does not include the studio segment, instead includes an updated epilogue.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An,” GBH Archives, accessed August 13, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DC67AF259BB4B5BB235268736350164.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An.” GBH Archives. Web. August 13, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DC67AF259BB4B5BB235268736350164>.
- APA: FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DC67AF259BB4B5BB235268736350164