Advocates; Should Congress Limit the President's War Powers?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Victor Palmieri Advocate: George Reedy Advocate: J. Daniel Mahoney Witnesses: Sen. Jacob Javits - (R) NY, Robert McKay - Dean, NYU Law, Eugene Rostow - Undersecretary of State 1966-69 and John Norton Moore - Professor of Law, University of Virginia. Produced at WGBH, bears WGBH Copyright.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should Congress Limit the President's War Powers?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Victor Palmieri Advocate: George Reedy Advocate: J. Daniel Mahoney Witnesses: Sen. Jacob Javits – (R ) NY Robert McKay – Dean, NYU Law Eugene Rostow – Undersecretary of State 1966-69 John Norton Moore – Professor of Law, University of Virginia Produced at WGBH, bears WGBH Copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston, MA
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Moore, John Norton (Guest)
- Rostow, Eugene (Guest)
- Reedy, George (Guest)
- Javits, Jacob (Guest)
- Mahoney, J. Daniel (Guest)
- Palmieri, Victor (Moderator)
- McKay, Robert (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should Congress Limit the President's War Powers?,” 11/23/1971, GBH Archives, accessed November 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18483C4BB8DE45A2ACABCEEE0F84C64F.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should Congress Limit the President's War Powers?.” 11/23/1971. GBH Archives. Web. November 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18483C4BB8DE45A2ACABCEEE0F84C64F>.
- APA: Advocates; Should Congress Limit the President's War Powers?. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18483C4BB8DE45A2ACABCEEE0F84C64F