War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Post-Flight Mission Briefing
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Footage of flight crew returning from a B-1B bomber mission. Includes shots of aircraft on the runway as well as flight crew discussing the mission.
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Post-Flight Mission Briefing
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States. Air Force
- Rockwell B-1 (Bomber)
- Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, TX
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Post-Flight Mission Briefing,” 05/27/1987, GBH Archives, accessed September 21, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_170E013E87E9486BA1EBFE48398CA170.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Post-Flight Mission Briefing.” 05/27/1987. GBH Archives. Web. September 21, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_170E013E87E9486BA1EBFE48398CA170>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Post-Flight Mission Briefing. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_170E013E87E9486BA1EBFE48398CA170