Arthur; Binky vs. Binky; Operation: D.W.
Beta SP - Split Track Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Binky vs. Binky; Operation: D.W.
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1008 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
Binky Vs. Binky: Binky may be tough and strong, but when it comes to sports, he always seems to choke. With some inspiration from champion bike rider Vance Legstrong, Binky discovers that the only competitor he really needs to beat is...himself.
Operation: D.W.!: D.W. is having trouble hearing and needs an ear operation. Is it okay to be just a little bit scared? With the support of her parents, doctors, and nurses -- and, yes, even Arthur! -- D.W. learns to be brave, and also gets a first-hand view of how hospitals help kids get better.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Binky vs. Binky; Operation: D.W.,” GBH Archives, accessed November 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14B2276FCE134E5C86752F51149BCE53.
- MLA: “Arthur; Binky vs. Binky; Operation: D.W..” GBH Archives. Web. November 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14B2276FCE134E5C86752F51149BCE53>.
- APA: Arthur; Binky vs. Binky; Operation: D.W.. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14B2276FCE134E5C86752F51149BCE53