American Experience; Nixon; Nixon introduces Kissinger
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Nixon introduces Kissinger at press briefing, Pierre Hotel. _-_ 1. Close up of Kissinger accepting job, "... will serve with all my energy and dedication." (24', SOF) _-_ 2. Nixon sync, "Dr. Kissinger... known to all who are interested in foreign policy... He will bring a fresh approach... new men... new policies for the critical problems America has in foreign policy and the world." (21', SOF) _-_ 3. Cutaways, press, including Dan Rather (CBS-TV White House correspondent). (14', SOF) _-_ 4. Wide shot of Kissinger, Nixon. "I am honored by the confidence the President-elect has expressed in me and the opportunity to serve in his administration." Cuts off. Probably to section 1 at the front.
- American Experience
- Program Number
Nixon introduces Kissinger
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- International relations
- National Security Advisor
- Kissinger, Henry, 1923-
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York City, NY
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon introduces Kissinger,” 01/02/1969, GBH Archives, accessed October 2, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EB09A07011D43038DEEAFB44BFF3918.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon introduces Kissinger.” 01/02/1969. GBH Archives. Web. October 2, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EB09A07011D43038DEEAFB44BFF3918>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Nixon introduces Kissinger. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EB09A07011D43038DEEAFB44BFF3918