La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dagoberto Gilb
Online Version Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dagoberto Gilb
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Writer Dagoberto Gilb talks about his years of work as a construction worker and carpenter and the struggle to publish his first book. In his conversation with Ilan Stavans, Gilb discusses his passion for writing about women, love, and lust.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dagoberto Gilb,” GBH Archives, accessed January 26, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_034DB0E794F84C53A2710E1F46F7D4C2.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dagoberto Gilb.” GBH Archives. Web. January 26, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_034DB0E794F84C53A2710E1F46F7D4C2>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dagoberto Gilb. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_034DB0E794F84C53A2710E1F46F7D4C2