Food Trip with Todd English; Food Mavens Of New York
Food Trip with Todd English 106- Food Mavens on NY SD Base Revision 001
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Food Mavens Of New York
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 NEW YORK CITY JEWISH EATING MEANS BIG DELI SANDWICHES, LOTS OF COMFORT FOOD, AND OF COURSE, FRESH JUICY PICKLES! TRAVEL WITH TODD ENGLISH AS HE EATS HIS WAY FROM THE PLUMP PASTRAMI AT KATZ’S DELICATESSEN, TO KOSSAR’S FOR DIALYS, AND THEN TO SAMMY’S ROUMANIAN, WHERE EVERY NIGHT IS A BAR MITZVAH. AFTER A BEHIN-THE-SCENES TOUR OF THE LEGENDARY ZABARS DELICATESSEN, TODD MAKES TIME TO VISIT THE PICKLE GUYS ON THE LOWER EAST SIDE TO LEARN THE SECRET BEHIND THE FRESHEST HOMEMADE PICKLES AROUND. FOLLOWING HIS WHILRWIND DELI TOUR, TODD COOKS UP HIS OWN PATRAMI-RUBBED SALMON WITH AN APPLE FENNEL PICKLE AND A GRILLED BIALY IN THE OLIVES KITCHEN.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Food Mavens Of New York,” GBH Archives, accessed January 18, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02EECB70ED1F4D2D9F0B1F7CE84709E6.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Food Mavens Of New York.” GBH Archives. Web. January 18, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02EECB70ED1F4D2D9F0B1F7CE84709E6>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Food Mavens Of New York. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02EECB70ED1F4D2D9F0B1F7CE84709E6