Evening at Pops; Carpenters
1999 MAPC Preservation Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Carpenters and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Meyerbeer: Coronation March (Le Prophete) Knight: Overture Karlin, others: For All We Know Carpenter/Bettis: Top of the World David/Bacharach: Close to You Addinsell: Warsaw Concerto Russell/Bramlett: Superstar Williams/Nichols: Rainy Days and Mondays Carpenter/Bettis: Goodbye to Love Carpenter/Bettis: Yesterday Once More Udell/Geld: Hurting Each Other Williams/Nichols: We've Only Just Begun Strauss: Im Krapfenwlad'l Polka Press: Wedding Dacne
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Carpenters,” 07/01/1974, GBH Archives, accessed January 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Carpenters.” 07/01/1974. GBH Archives. Web. January 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Carpenters. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360