Evening at Pops; Carpenters
1999 MAPC Preservation Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Evening at Pops
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Carpenters and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Meyerbeer: Coronation March (Le Prophete) Knight: Overture Karlin, others: For All We Know Carpenter/Bettis: Top of the World David/Bacharach: Close to You Addinsell: Warsaw Concerto Russell/Bramlett: Superstar Williams/Nichols: Rainy Days and Mondays Carpenter/Bettis: Goodbye to Love Carpenter/Bettis: Yesterday Once More Udell/Geld: Hurting Each Other Williams/Nichols: We've Only Just Begun Strauss: Im Krapfenwlad'l Polka Press: Wedding Dacne
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Carpenters,” 07/01/1974, GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Carpenters.” 07/01/1974. GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Carpenters. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_026FF771BBF54AFF81391BA06ACE8360