March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 16 of 17
Part of March on Washington.
The Educational Radio Network / ERN's coverage of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. Fourteenth of fifteen hours of broadcast: 10:15 P.M. - 10:30 P.M. End of Panel Discussion Discussion/Analysis of the March: Geoffrey Godsell, moderator; Hayward Burns, William Higgs, William Goldsmith, panel members. WGBH Producer: Ted Mascott
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
Part 16 of 17
- Series Description
Educational Radio Network coverage of the 8/28/1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
The 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom featured an estimated 250,000 peaceful demonstrators walking from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial to hear a political call to arms for economic equality and civil rights for African Americans. Credited with being the final impetus to the passing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the event famously ended with Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic “I Have a Dream” speech. Series release date: 8/28/1963
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Civil rights
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Civil rights leaders
- Boston (Mass.)
- Event Coverage
- Social Issues
- Race and Ethnicity
- Godsell, Geoffrey (Host)
- Burns, Hayward (Panelist)
- Goldsmith, William (Panelist)
- Higgs, William (Panelist)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 16 of 17,” 08/28/1963, GBH Archives, accessed August 4, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_7E3491C3CAC5418DBB3BB1D7624A44F6.
- MLA: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 16 of 17.” 08/28/1963. GBH Archives. Web. August 4, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_7E3491C3CAC5418DBB3BB1D7624A44F6>.
- APA: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 16 of 17. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_7E3491C3CAC5418DBB3BB1D7624A44F6