Perspectives; Negro and The American Promise, The; Malcolm X Interview
Part of From the Vault.
Excerpted interview with Malcolm X from the program "Negro and the American Promise."
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Negro and The American Promise, The
Malcolm X Interview
- Series Description
Series release date: C. 1960-1969
- Program Description
“The special one-hour program was a brilliantly conceived examination of the racial crisis in America, illustrated through interviews with powerful Negro leaders of widely varying viewpoints. Brought together, in separate interviews, were the Rev. Martin Luther King, author James Baldwin, and Black Muslim leader Malcolm X. Under quiet, penetrating and perceptive probing by Dr. Kenneth Clark, a professor of psychology at City College of New York, these three seethed with emotions and ideas that were communicated with force and immediacy.” 1963.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African Americans Interviews
- Civil rights leaders
- Black Muslims
- African Americans Politics and government
- Civil rights
- Morganthau, Henry (Producer)
- Barzyk, Fred (Director)
- Clark, Kenneth Bancroft, 1914-2005 (Interviewer)
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965 (Interviewee)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Perspectives; Negro and The American Promise, The; Malcolm X Interview,” 06/24/1963, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 17, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE25740F38E943A0986F93AD4A03E425.
- MLA: “Perspectives; Negro and The American Promise, The; Malcolm X Interview.” 06/24/1963. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 17, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE25740F38E943A0986F93AD4A03E425>.
- APA: Perspectives; Negro and The American Promise, The; Malcolm X Interview. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FE25740F38E943A0986F93AD4A03E425