American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri report
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
1. Good close shot - machine gunners firing tracer bullets sound on film - dark, windy, wet weather.(28') _-_ 2. Sign "Quang Trung" and huge gun mounted on tank. United States military and Army of the Republic of Vietnam. Wounded coming off ambulance - hurting. Close shot - on stretcher, crudely bandaged, bloody, conscious.(45) _-_ 3. Quang Tri. Date not clearly identified. ABC commentary says: The only provincial capitol taken by NV Army... Fighting has raged for a week - deaths mounting on both sides...Then ordered United States air strikes halted to preserve the city, but South Vietnam strikes continue at will" 4. Good house-to-house fighting. Army of the Republic of Vietnam on bellies in house. Explosions. Firing anti-tank weapons. Badly wrecked building. Along road, soldiers carrying wounded. More explosions. Planes in air strikes nearby, wreckage and black smoke. (60')
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Quang Tri report
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antitank weapons
- Vietnam (Republic)
- United States--History--1945-
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- United States--Armed Forces
- Vietnam (Republic)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri report,” 04/11/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3351210032C4BB0ACA3B373502A6A9E.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri report.” 04/11/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3351210032C4BB0ACA3B373502A6A9E>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri report. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C3351210032C4BB0ACA3B373502A6A9E