Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Seamus Heaney
Part of New Television Workshop.
Original Footage , reel 2
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks I, Seamus Heaney
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Seamus Heaney introduces and reads his poems at a Harvard University library. The following poems were edited for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tape with and without "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “Sonnet III” “Blackberry-Picking” “Midterm Break” “Wedding Day” “Sonnet V” “The Railway Children” “A Kite for Michael and Christopher” “Song”
Multiple takes of these poems and the following appear on the source tapes of original footage: “Wishing Tree” “A Postcard from Iceland” “The Milk Factory” “The Guttural Muse” “Elegy for a Still Born Child” “Disappearing Island”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Heaney, Seamus, 1939- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Seamus Heaney,” 09/20/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1C53D62FCA740C8A68A0FCBB08931B6.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Seamus Heaney.” 09/20/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1C53D62FCA740C8A68A0FCBB08931B6>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Seamus Heaney. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C1C53D62FCA740C8A68A0FCBB08931B6