Soundings; Music of Michael Colgrass, The
Part of New Television Workshop.
Music of Michael Colgrass
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Music of Michael Colgrass, The
- Series Description
Four performance documentaries featuring award-winning composers. Each program features the composer working with musicians in rehearsal and in studio performances of several works, so that the viewer watches the process as the creative team moves toward a product. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Documentary focusing on the experimental, Pulitzer Prize winning composer who utilizes theatrical elements in his work. Contains interview footage with the composer and narrated overview of his life and music. Includes performances of his music recorded for this program.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Performance in a Studio
- Fred Barzyk (Producer)
- Colgrass, Michael ()
- Stewart, Douglas ()
- Hartenberger, Russell ()
- Golani-Erdesz, Rivka, 1946- ()
- Robbin, Catherine ()
- Geringas, Marina ()
- Verdery, Benjamin ()
- Englemann, J. Robertson ()
- Chicago: “Soundings; Music of Michael Colgrass, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB001F70AFEF4C2D93110146FE306E29.
- MLA: “Soundings; Music of Michael Colgrass, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB001F70AFEF4C2D93110146FE306E29>.
- APA: Soundings; Music of Michael Colgrass, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BB001F70AFEF4C2D93110146FE306E29