New Television; Set and Reset, Version 1; Opening sequence from Set and Reset, Version 1
Part of New Television Workshop.
The opening sequence from "Set and Reset, Version 1" begins in silence, focusing on the activities of a few performers as they travel past the camera in a tight group. Approximate date: 1985
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- New Television
- Set and Reset, Version 1
Opening sequence from Set and Reset, Version 1
- Series Description
"New Television" began as a local pilot production of WNET (New York) in 1986. In 1987, WGBH signed on as co-producer, and the shows were aired in Boston and New York. In 1988 and 1989, KCET (Los Angeles) and WETA (D.C.) became producers in association. In 1991, PBS picked up "New Television," and it was broadcast nationally. The following year, the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, Ohio, replaced WNET, WETA, and KCET as co-producer with WGBH. In 1993, WGBH ceased to be a co-producer for the series, and the "home base" moved to Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) in Hartford, CT.
"New Television" commissioned, produced, and acquired programming. In its early years, "New Television" broadcast works commissioned by The Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund. Increasingly, experimental films as well as video works were broadcast as a part of this series. Many of the later episodes of "New Television" contain works that play with and deconstruct the documentary genre. Series release date: 1986
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Brown, Trisha, 1936-
- Karczag, Eva
- Madden, Diane
- Petronio, Stephen
- Dance -- Production and direction
- Modern dance
- Warshaw, Randy
- Schick, Vicky
- Hultman, Irene
- Film and Television
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “New Television; Set and Reset, Version 1; Opening sequence from Set and Reset, Version 1,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BAF72CF31BFF4BE0AA5C948FBC3E43B8.
- MLA: “New Television; Set and Reset, Version 1; Opening sequence from Set and Reset, Version 1.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BAF72CF31BFF4BE0AA5C948FBC3E43B8>.
- APA: New Television; Set and Reset, Version 1; Opening sequence from Set and Reset, Version 1. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BAF72CF31BFF4BE0AA5C948FBC3E43B8