Artist's Showcase; Celebrate: A Time to Dance
Part of New Television Workshop.
Produced and directed by Fred Barzyk. Approximate date: 1977
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Artist's Showcase
- Celebrate: A Time to Dance
- Series Description
Anthology series of experimental, avant garde video productions. Program titles: "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW I: DISTRICT I and PALE COOL, PALE WARM;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW II: TZADDICK;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW III: GEORGE'S HOUSE;" "SELECTED WORKS - 1974 - 1975;" "THE GIRL WITH THE FLAXEN HAIR;" "SET OF COINCIDENCE;" "ALL ACROSS BOSTON;" " UNTITLED PERFORMANCE BY ROBERT GOLDMAN;" "QUIDDATAS;" "TELEPORTRAITS;" "FOUR SIDED TAPES;" "AMY LOWELL;" "PRIMORDIAL SOUP;" "HOWARD;" "THIRD TAPE;" "PAST FANTASIES;" "SEMI BUFFET;" "EAST ENDED TAPE;" "A COLOR PIECE FOR TV;" "CONTEXTS AND ONE AND MANY;" "THREE TRANSITIONS;" "CITY SCAPE;" "OUT OF TIME;" "NO TITLE." Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
A dance special featuring the Mandala Folk Ensemble. Coproduction of the New Television Workshop and WGBY, Springfield, MA; copyright WGBH, 1977.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Folk dancing
- Film and Television
- Fred Barzyk (Producer)
- Folk Ensemble, Mandala ()
- Chicago: “Artist's Showcase; Celebrate: A Time to Dance,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9749713B8B6419CA0EDA55321C7A9EC.
- MLA: “Artist's Showcase; Celebrate: A Time to Dance.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9749713B8B6419CA0EDA55321C7A9EC>.
- APA: Artist's Showcase; Celebrate: A Time to Dance. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A9749713B8B6419CA0EDA55321C7A9EC