New Television; New Television, Episode 110; Aeros
Part of New Television Workshop.
Created by video artist Burt Barr, "Aeros" is an impressionistic behind-the-scenes look at the Trisha Brown Dance Company as they rehearse, stage, and perform her choreographed work in a variety of settings, including Moscow, New York, France, and Florida. Here we see members of the Tricia Brown Dance Company during a rehearsal for the performance piece.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- New Television
- New Television, Episode 110
- Program Number
- Series Description
"New Television" began as a local pilot production of WNET (New York) in 1986. In 1987, WGBH signed on as co-producer, and the shows were aired in Boston and New York. In 1988 and 1989, KCET (Los Angeles) and WETA (D.C.) became producers in association. In 1991, PBS picked up "New Television," and it was broadcast nationally. The following year, the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, Ohio, replaced WNET, WETA, and KCET as co-producer with WGBH. In 1993, WGBH ceased to be a co-producer for the series, and the "home base" moved to Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) in Hartford, CT.
"New Television" commissioned, produced, and acquired programming. In its early years, "New Television" broadcast works commissioned by The Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund. Increasingly, experimental films as well as video works were broadcast as a part of this series. Many of the later episodes of "New Television" contain works that play with and deconstruct the documentary genre. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Features Burt Barr’s “Aeros.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barr, Burt
- Dance--Production and direction
- Brown, Trisha, 1936-
- Modern dance
- Film and Television
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “New Television; New Television, Episode 110; Aeros,” 09/12/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A83CE4797F6445EC8EB6B33FB143E1C9.
- MLA: “New Television; New Television, Episode 110; Aeros.” 09/12/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A83CE4797F6445EC8EB6B33FB143E1C9>.
- APA: New Television; New Television, Episode 110; Aeros. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A83CE4797F6445EC8EB6B33FB143E1C9