Advocates; Should We Rely on Nuclear Power to Help Supply Our Future Emergency Needs?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Evan Semerjian. Advocate: William Rusher. Advocate: Myron Cherry. Witnesses: John Simpson, President, Power Systems, Westinghouse; Walter Meyer, Nuclear Engineer, University of Missouri; Henry Kendall, Professor of Physics, MIT and Douglas LaFoulette, State Senator, (D)Wisconsin. Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall. Bears WGBH copyright.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should We Rely on Nuclear Power to Help Supply Our Future Emergency Needs?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: William Rusher Advocate: Myron Cherry Witnesses: John Simpson – Pres., Power systems, Westinghouse Walter Meyer – Nuclear Engineer, Univ. of Missouri Henry Kendall – Professor of Physics, MIT Douglas LaFollette – State Senator, (D) Wisconsin Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall. Bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nuclear energy
- Petroleum as fuel
- Fossil fuels
- Debates and debating in mass media
- Nuclear reactor accidents
- Boston, MA
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Semerjian, Evan (Moderator)
- Henry Kendall (Guest)
- Simpson, John (Guest)
- LaFollette, Douglas (Guest)
- Meyer, Walter (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Cherry, Myron (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should We Rely on Nuclear Power to Help Supply Our Future Emergency Needs?,” 01/17/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89319469D42240ECBFE7C29EE7DF2785.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should We Rely on Nuclear Power to Help Supply Our Future Emergency Needs?.” 01/17/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89319469D42240ECBFE7C29EE7DF2785>.
- APA: Advocates; Should We Rely on Nuclear Power to Help Supply Our Future Emergency Needs?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89319469D42240ECBFE7C29EE7DF2785