American Experience; Nixon; Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Moratorium, anti-Vietnam war demonstration, massed crowd singing "Give Peace a Chance," led by Pete Seeger. _-_ 1. Masses at Washington Monument, swaying and singing. Peace signs. Seeger, "Are you listening Nixon?...Agnew?...in the Pentagon." (90', sound on film) _-_ 2. More of crowd and song and Seeger's voice. Capitol dome in background. (40', sound on film)
- American Experience
- Program Number
Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Protest songs
- Washington (D.C.)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Washington Monument (Washington, D.C.)
- Folk songs
- Agnew, Spiro T., 1918-1996
- United States--History--1945-
- Vietnam Moratorium, 1969
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements United States
- United States--Politics and government
- Seeger, Pete, 1919-
- Washington Monument, Washington, DC
- Seeger, Pete, 1919- (Performer)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969,” 11/15/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_802B2BC4CE8F4AEAAB98A152B569B397.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969.” 11/15/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_802B2BC4CE8F4AEAAB98A152B569B397>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_802B2BC4CE8F4AEAAB98A152B569B397