Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Water Catalogue, The
Part of New Television Workshop.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund
- Water Catalogue, The
- Series Description
Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund -- WGBH's collaboration with the Institute Of Contemporary Art (ICA) -- offers a co-venture among TV producers from seven countries, each seeking to capture the spirit of a specific environment. Titles include: O PANAMA: a video by James Benning and Burt Barr evoking the mental landscape of a sick man confined to his apartment; TIME CODE; L'IMAGE; STORM AND STRESS; SOLOS, DUETS AND PIZZA: Three dance videos: "Rotary Action", a duet featuring Bill T. Jones and Arnie Zane; "Watermotor for Dancer and Camera", with Trisha Brown, and "From and Island Summer", with Karole Armitage; SET & RESET (#4) VERSION 1: Choreographer Trisha Brown performs to music by Laurie Anderson in this video dance piece DAMNATION OF FAUST: story of Marguerite of the Faust legend; MORE TV STORIES: satirizing the relationship between people and their TVs; NEW ENGLAND FISHERMEN - Joan Logue's brief vignettes of fishermen. Series release date: 1985
- Program Description
“The Water Catalogue” by video artist Bill Seaman is a collage-style piece filled with images of water. Images include bodies of water in different seasons, a sprinkler system, rain as viewed from a car window, water-skiers, an ice-fishing shack, and some underwater photography.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Film and Television
- Seaman, William, 1945- ()
- Chicago: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Water Catalogue, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65AB27DC61B54359BED58BDCB085D945.
- MLA: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Water Catalogue, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65AB27DC61B54359BED58BDCB085D945>.
- APA: Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Water Catalogue, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_65AB27DC61B54359BED58BDCB085D945