Very First Half-Inch Videotape Festival Ever, The
Part of New Television Workshop.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Very First Half-Inch Videotape Festival Ever, The
- Program Description
For this work video makers using the portapak were invited to bring their works into the WGBH studio, where the pieces were played back from and shot off of monitors. Host Russell Connors and others interviewed participants (including representatives of Top Value Television and a young Bill Viola) about their work. Television viewers were encouraged to call into the station with their comments and were given contact information for the participants. The work shown represents the explosion in the use of video after the invention of the portapak.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Live television programs
- Video equipment
- Video recordings
- Talk Show
- Film and Television
- Becton, Henry (Producer)
- Chiesa, Dorothy (Producer)
- Atwood, David (Director)
- Connor, Russell ()
- Chicago: “Very First Half-Inch Videotape Festival Ever, The,” 09/08/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_619E0EA852374323BA94BB092C54689A.
- MLA: “Very First Half-Inch Videotape Festival Ever, The.” 09/08/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_619E0EA852374323BA94BB092C54689A>.
- APA: Very First Half-Inch Videotape Festival Ever, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_619E0EA852374323BA94BB092C54689A