War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1 Bomber
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
B-1 bomber planes taking off, landing, and taxiing at Dyess Air Force Base. Ground crew on the runways. Close ups and wide shots of planes from various angles. Aircraft marshaling, with close up of marshaller signaling to planes. Close ups of ground crews performing maintenance. Pilots landing and deboarding a plane.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States. Air Force
- B-1 bombers
- Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, TX
- Global Affairs
- War and Conflict
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1 Bomber,” 05/26/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48E2AF090DD34CA7A71B6280A74506B5.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1 Bomber.” 05/26/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48E2AF090DD34CA7A71B6280A74506B5>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1 Bomber. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48E2AF090DD34CA7A71B6280A74506B5