Advocates; Should Congress Deregulate Trucking?
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Barney Frank Advocate: R. Lisle Baker Witnesses: Sen. Edward Kennedy - (D) Massachusetts Leaman McCoy - True Transport James Miller - Economist Daniel Sweeney - Attorney for shipper groups Arthur Imperatore - President of APA Corp. Produced by WGBH at the Kennedy School of Government.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should Congress Deregulate Trucking?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- Sweeney, Daniel J. (Daniel Joseph), 1943-
- United States
- Trucking--Deregulation--United States
- Baker, R. Lisle
- Miller, James Clifford
- Trucking--Law and legislation
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission.
- Imperatore, Arthur
- McCoy, Leamon
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009
- Cambridge, MA
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 (Guest)
- Frank, Barney, 1940- (Guest)
- Sweeney, Daniel J. (Daniel Joseph), 1943- (Guest)
- Miller, James Clifford (Guest)
- Baker, R. Lisle (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Moderator)
- McCoy, Leamon (Guest)
- Imperatore, Arthur (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should Congress Deregulate Trucking?,” 03/11/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406305F1D1F04ED89BA1758165B12728.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should Congress Deregulate Trucking?.” 03/11/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406305F1D1F04ED89BA1758165B12728>.
- APA: Advocates; Should Congress Deregulate Trucking?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406305F1D1F04ED89BA1758165B12728