American Experience; Nixon; US troops, tanks leave Cambodia, 1970
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
US troops and tanks leave Cambodia, Band welcomes to South Vietnam. _-_ 1) Tanks past on road, men atop, close shots. Pass disabled tank on side of muddy road. Tanks and crowds of disheveled men, Red Cross girls, drinks, band music. (64' sound on film) _-_ 2) View from tank, approaching crowd of men and band (playing "The caisson go rolling along.." - Marine hymn). Close-ups of smiling faces. Men hot, sweaty, unshaven, and in great spirits. Bands plays swing number "Tuxedo Junction" etc. Guys doing the Twist together. (Very good atmosphere.) Guys play with monkey. (159' sound on film)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
US troops, tanks leave Cambodia, 1970
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Military bands
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Cambodia
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Campaigns--Cambodia
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- United States--History--1945-
- United States. Marine Corps
- Twist (Dance)
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Taylorsville (Ky.)
- South Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; US troops, tanks leave Cambodia, 1970,” 07/27/1970, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F55669989D041FC83CE4C99B89F7EE3.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; US troops, tanks leave Cambodia, 1970.” 07/27/1970. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F55669989D041FC83CE4C99B89F7EE3>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; US troops, tanks leave Cambodia, 1970. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F55669989D041FC83CE4C99B89F7EE3