Advocates; Should we end the courts authority over truant, runaway and incorrigible children?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Charles Nesson Advocate: Margaret Marshall Witnesses: Kenneth Wooden Investigative Reporter Judge Luke Quinn Genessee County, MI T. George Silcott The Wiltwyck School, Mount Kisco NY John Milligan Juvenile Judge, Canton Ohio
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should we end the courts authority over truant, runaway and incorrigible children?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Nesson, Charles R.
- Marshall, Margaret H.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Quinn, Luke (Guest)
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Milligan, John (Guest)
- Wooden, Kenneth (Guest)
- Marshall, Margaret (Guest)
- Silcott, T. George (Guest)
- Nesson, Charles (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should we end the courts authority over truant, runaway and incorrigible children?,” 03/25/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_350B0B5EE93B41E7BCCF373095FA41E5.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should we end the courts authority over truant, runaway and incorrigible children?.” 03/25/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_350B0B5EE93B41E7BCCF373095FA41E5>.
- APA: Advocates; Should we end the courts authority over truant, runaway and incorrigible children?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_350B0B5EE93B41E7BCCF373095FA41E5