New Television Workshop; Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus
Part of New Television Workshop.
Lotte Gosler Fills
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- New Television Workshop
- Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus
- Series Description
The New Television Workshop originated at WGBH in 1974 to support the creation and development of experimental video art. This experimental programming included dance, drama, music, performance and visual arts on video and film. As early as 1968, WGBH was committed to the development of video art through residency programs, with artists such as Nam June Paik. Many of these early works (pre-1974) were broadcast both locally and nationally. Fred Barzyk, a WGBH producer and director, was the Workshop's Executive Director from 1974 to 1982. Susan Dowling was Executive Director from 1982 to 1993. In 1993 the Workshop ceased production at WGBH. Major broadcast series created by the Workshop included "Artist's Showcase," "Frames of Reference," "Dance for Camera," "Poetry Breaks," and "New Television." Individual works were created for "Visions," a series produced by WNET (New York), and "Alive From Off Center," a series produced by KTCA (St. Paul - Minneapolis). The Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund was co-founded by the Workshop and Boston's Institute for Contemporary Art (ICA) in the 1980's, to commission works by video artists. Series release date: 1974
- Program Description
Short dance/pantomime pieces, used as filler material during breaks of “Masterpiece Theater.” Routines are: Opening pantomime piece -- featuring the entire company “It Starts with a Step,” danced by Donna Baldwin “Luv,” danced by Jerri Lines, John Osbon, and Jose Mateo Leggieros
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Film and Television
- Dowling, Susan (Series Producer)
- Joan Sullivan (Producer)
- Lines, Jerri Garner ()
- Mateo, Jose ()
- Mercier, Richard ()
- Osbon, John ()
- Goslar, Lotte ()
- MacDonald, Kenneth ()
- Baldwin, Donna ()
- Lee, Andrea ()
- Chicago: “New Television Workshop; Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28EDF6E505BF4FAF945068ACDEC8A5B8.
- MLA: “New Television Workshop; Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28EDF6E505BF4FAF945068ACDEC8A5B8>.
- APA: New Television Workshop; Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28EDF6E505BF4FAF945068ACDEC8A5B8