American Experience; Nixon; Saigon night rocket attack, 1968
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Night rocket on Saigon sets buildings on fire. Refugees search for their belongings the next morning in a totally devastated area. (commentary noted that: "Since (the US) has limited the bombing 50 days ago, Hanoi has stepped up attacks, stepped up infiltration of men and supplies and launched a major new offensive. Leads to conclusion Hanoi intends to fight harder while Paris talks go on.) (3 cuts)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Saigon night rocket attack, 1968
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Agreement on Ending the War and Restoring Peace in Vietnam (1973)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- Urban warfare
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Migration and refugees
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Saigon, Vietnam
- Vietnam (Democratic Republic)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Saigon, Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Saigon night rocket attack, 1968,” 05/19/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28453787E4354073B89416ABC81F7F05.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Saigon night rocket attack, 1968.” 05/19/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28453787E4354073B89416ABC81F7F05>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Saigon night rocket attack, 1968. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28453787E4354073B89416ABC81F7F05