War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. Landmarks
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Shots of Arlington National Cemetery, gravestones, John F. Kennedys gravesite, close ups on JFK eternal flame. Middle and high school kids from Shrewsbury, Mass. on fieldtrip to Arlington National Cemetery. Students interviewed about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Exteriors of the White House, the Capitol, American flag waving in the wind.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. Landmarks
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Shrewsbury, Mass
- American flag
- White house
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Washington, DC
- Global Affairs
- War and Conflict
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. Landmarks,” 02/18/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269D1759E28F4E14B5F9590A6DA61BCA.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. Landmarks.” 02/18/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269D1759E28F4E14B5F9590A6DA61BCA>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. Landmarks. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269D1759E28F4E14B5F9590A6DA61BCA