Advocates; Should All Medical Experiments on Prisoners Be Banned?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Tom Bourdeaux Advocate: Crawford Morris Witnesses: William McCue: Prison Health Project Jessica Mitford: Author Kind and Unusual Punishment John Arnold, MD: Truman Research Laboratory, University of Missouri Monroe Trout, MD: Vice President Sterling Drug Co.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should All Medical Experiments on Prisoners Be Banned?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Tom Bourdeaux Advocate: Crawford Morris Witnesses: William McCue – Prison Health Project Jessica Mitford – Author, “Kind and Usual Punishment” John Arnold, MD – Truman Research Laboratory, University of Missouri Monroe Trout, MD – Vice President, Sterling Drug Co. Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall. Bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bourdeaux, Tom
- Mitford, Jessica, 1917-1996
- Trout, Monroe E.
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Mitford, Jessica (Guest)
- Bourdeaux, Tom (Guest)
- Morris, Crawford (Guest)
- McCue, William (Guest)
- Semerjian, Evan (Moderator)
- Arnold, John (Guest)
- Trout, Monroe (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should All Medical Experiments on Prisoners Be Banned?,” 02/21/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D816D6E77E2448CB30C9007C3D1EBD4.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should All Medical Experiments on Prisoners Be Banned?.” 02/21/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D816D6E77E2448CB30C9007C3D1EBD4>.
- APA: Advocates; Should All Medical Experiments on Prisoners Be Banned?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D816D6E77E2448CB30C9007C3D1EBD4