Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Ruth Stone
Part of New Television Workshop.
Original Footage , reel 4
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks I, Ruth Stone
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Ruth Stone introduces and reads her poems at the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow House in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The following poems were edited for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without the "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “Curtains” “In An Iridescent Time” “Orchard” “Green Apples” “The Season” “The Nose” “Where I Came From” “Second-Hand Coat “ “Codicil” “Turn Your Eyes Away” “Dream of Wild Birds” “Liebeslied”
Multiple takes of these poems and the following appear on the source tapes of original footage: “Women Laughing”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Poetry reading
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Stone, Ruth ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Ruth Stone,” 03/24/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_194F8D513A9E4CD0B1B07B964A80EF78.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Ruth Stone.” 03/24/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_194F8D513A9E4CD0B1B07B964A80EF78>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Ruth Stone. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_194F8D513A9E4CD0B1B07B964A80EF78