Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Martin Espada
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks I, Martin Espada
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
This was one of three tapes designed for use in high schools. Martin Espada introduces and reads his poems in the library of a New England home. The following poems were edited for general distribution and broadcast and appear on the master tape with and without "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “Watch Me Swing” “Niggerlips” “We Live by What We See at Night” “Mrs. Baez Serves Coffee on the 3rd Floor” “Tony Went to the Bodega but He Didn’t Buy Anything” “Trumpets from the Islands of Their Eviction”
Multiple takes of these poems and the following appear on the source tapes of original footage: “The Moon Shatters on Alabama” “Avenue” “Ghosts” “Tiburon” “Le Senior Est Muerto” “Greeto for Nicaragua”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Espada, Martin, 1957- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Martin Espada,” 06/19/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FA1338527C940CA80309E6E6AC79CCA.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Martin Espada.” 06/19/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FA1338527C940CA80309E6E6AC79CCA>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Martin Espada. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FA1338527C940CA80309E6E6AC79CCA