American Experience; Nixon; Nixon: Strong presence
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Richard Nixon press conference: "I believe that these must be a negotiated settlement. I do not think that you're going to get a negotiated settlement, however, unless you have the strong military and economic and political presence, and policy which will encourage the enemy to negotiate rather than continue to fight."
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Nixon: Strong presence
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Peace
- Press conferences
- Politics and war
- United States--Foreign relations--Asia
- Miami Beach (Fla.)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- Miami Beach, FL
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon: Strong presence,” 08/06/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E4C6BBDBC57407A9353E314F5E194CE.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon: Strong presence.” 08/06/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E4C6BBDBC57407A9353E314F5E194CE>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Nixon: Strong presence. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E4C6BBDBC57407A9353E314F5E194CE