Dancing Disco; Line Dancing and Disco Fashion
Part of From the Vault.
Instructor Randy Deats teaches viewers The New York. Host Lisa Karlin then interviews Mademoiselle magazine fashion editor Diane Smith, who talks about disco fashion, stressing that anything goes on the dance floor. She showcases some accessories by designer Betsey Johnson as well as a necklace made from bobby pins. After a dance segment featuring disco fashion, Randy Deats returns to teach viewers a line dance.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dancing Disco
- Line Dancing and Disco Fashion
- Program Number
- Series Description
Instructional dance series aired locally beginning in 1978, nationally 1979. Series release date: 1978
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Instructional television programs
- Dance in motion pictures, television, etc.
- Disco dancing
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Dancing Disco; Line Dancing and Disco Fashion,” 06/19/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE922677C3C419180DCE82FF98C9C42.
- MLA: “Dancing Disco; Line Dancing and Disco Fashion.” 06/19/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE922677C3C419180DCE82FF98C9C42>.
- APA: Dancing Disco; Line Dancing and Disco Fashion. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE922677C3C419180DCE82FF98C9C42