Soundings; George Rochberg and His Music
Part of New Television Workshop.
George Rochberg & His Music
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- George Rochberg and His Music
- Series Description
Four performance documentaries featuring award-winning composers. Each program features the composer working with musicians in rehearsal and in studio performances of several works, so that the viewer watches the process as the creative team moves toward a product. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Documentary containing interview footage with the composer and narrated overview of his life and music. Includes performances of his music recorded for this program.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Performance in a Studio
- Fred Barzyk (Producer)
- String Quartet, Concord ()
- Rochberg, George ()
- Kahn, Sue Ann ()
- Robinson, Joseph ()
- Willis, Andrew ()
- Chicago: “Soundings; George Rochberg and His Music,” 03/01/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D0C4F9AFA07427DB5E8490DBD7EF706.
- MLA: “Soundings; George Rochberg and His Music.” 03/01/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D0C4F9AFA07427DB5E8490DBD7EF706>.
- APA: Soundings; George Rochberg and His Music. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D0C4F9AFA07427DB5E8490DBD7EF706