Advocates; Should The Law Permit Voluntary Euthanasia For The Terminally Ill?
Part of The Advocates.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Should The Law Permit Voluntary Euthanasia For The Terminally Ill?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Howard Miller (pro) Advocate: William Rusher (con) Witnesses: Josephine Smith, Registered nurse and social worker. Arval Morris, Professor of Law at the University of Washington. Doctor Joan Cargan, Cardiologist Loma Linda University. Doctor Ernest Beutler, Chairman of the Division of Medicine at City of Hope Medical Center. Ian Kennedy, Professor at the Law School of the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Terminally Ill
- Los Angeles, California
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Dukakis, Michael (Moderator)
- Miller, Howard (Guest)
- Smith, Josephine (Guest)
- Kennedy, Ian (Guest)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Cargan, Joan (Guest)
- Morris, Arval (Guest)
- Beutler, Ernest (Guest)
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should The Law Permit Voluntary Euthanasia For The Terminally Ill?,” 04/20/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_3F4C503420B44E6982B26D7CA4140299.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should The Law Permit Voluntary Euthanasia For The Terminally Ill?.” 04/20/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_3F4C503420B44E6982B26D7CA4140299>.
- APA: Advocates; Should The Law Permit Voluntary Euthanasia For The Terminally Ill?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_3F4C503420B44E6982B26D7CA4140299