La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico
El largo viaje de rustico
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- La Plaza
- El Largo Viaje De Rustico
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
From the Canary Islands to Cuba there was a steady migratory flow. For centuries, the culture of the Canary Islands was assimilated into the habits and customs of the Cuban people, becoming part and parcel of its idiosyncrasy. This documentary film is the picture of a man carrying two islands in his heart.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico,” GBH Archives, accessed December 11, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374.
- MLA: “La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico.” GBH Archives. Web. December 11, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374>.
- APA: La Plaza; El Largo Viaje De Rustico. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FBDC24371B5340E78267AD5308DE0374