Arthur; Election, The, Francine Goes to War
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Election, The, Francine Goes to War
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
The Election: 'I, Muffy Crosswire, do solemnly swear to uphold the office of the President of the United ...' Actually, it's only a mock election in Mr. Ratburn's class, but Muffy takes it just as seriously. How far will she go to win?
"Francine Goes to War: Francine can't believe it. She gets in trouble no matter what she does -- thanks to the new nosy next-door neighbor! Will Francine get to play her drums... or fight with her sister... ever again??
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Election, The, Francine Goes to War,” 09/27/2000, GBH Archives, accessed December 5, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5803E5B8A064EE498329FC92F6728D2.
- MLA: “Arthur; Election, The, Francine Goes to War.” 09/27/2000. GBH Archives. Web. December 5, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5803E5B8A064EE498329FC92F6728D2>.
- APA: Arthur; Election, The, Francine Goes to War. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F5803E5B8A064EE498329FC92F6728D2