Arthur; Sue Ellen Moves In; The Perfect Brother
WGBH EE Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sue Ellen Moves In; The Perfect Brother
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Sue Ellen Moves In: A new girl has arrived in town and no one knows anything about her. And judging by the strange things happening at her house no one wants to know. Is she an invisible spy from an alien nation? Or just a regular girl named Sue Ellen?
The Perfect Brother: It's great having a friend spend the weekend, isn't it? He can do his homework quietly, clear the table, say "thank you" and "please" and in general prove what a perfect kid he is--and you aren't.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Sue Ellen Moves In; The Perfect Brother,” 10/05/1997, GBH Archives, accessed December 9, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3F57D17E4824E11AA0A8B41889A2D72.
- MLA: “Arthur; Sue Ellen Moves In; The Perfect Brother.” 10/05/1997. GBH Archives. Web. December 9, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3F57D17E4824E11AA0A8B41889A2D72>.
- APA: Arthur; Sue Ellen Moves In; The Perfect Brother. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F3F57D17E4824E11AA0A8B41889A2D72