La Plaza; Sergio Castilla - Tito’s Turf - Pedro Zamora
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Sergio Castilla - Tito’s Turf - Pedro Zamora
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
A portrait of Roberto Felix, one of the most active voices of the Latino community in Chelsea, is the subject of our first segment. The second segment is an exclusive interview with Chilean filmmaker, Sergio Castilla. We’ll see excerpts from his latest film with Geraldine Chaplin. Finally, Pedro Zamora, a Venezuelan classical guitarist will demonstrate his outstanding talent with selections from Latin American composers.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Sergio Castilla - Tito’s Turf - Pedro Zamora,” GBH Archives, accessed January 25, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F24652BDC8124DE2A31141D428CDEFEA.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Sergio Castilla - Tito’s Turf - Pedro Zamora.” GBH Archives. Web. January 25, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F24652BDC8124DE2A31141D428CDEFEA>.
- APA: La Plaza; Sergio Castilla - Tito’s Turf - Pedro Zamora. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F24652BDC8124DE2A31141D428CDEFEA