Simply Ming; Kechap Manis/ Black Pepper
kechap manis and black pepper with guest iris tsai Anamorphic
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Kechap Manis/ Black Pepper
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Iris Tsai
The sweet flavor of kechap manis is combined with the spice black pepper for the East-West recipes in this week’s serving of SIMPLY MING. Chef Ming Tsai prepares Black Pepper-Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Satays, a tasty grilled appetizer that will satisfy your guests! Then, Ming shares an all-in-one recipe for Stir Fried Shiitake-Bok Choy Noodle Cake. For a simple slow cooker meal, Ming makes Soy Braised Short Ribs. Very special guest chef (and Ming’s Mom!) Iris Tsai visits the studio kitchen and uses the East-West pair to make a one pot Stir-Fried Beef with Sugar Peas and Red Pepper.
Recipes: Black Pepper-Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Satays
Stir Fried Shiitake-Bok Choy Noodle Cake
Soy Braised Short Ribs
Iris Tsai's Stir-Fried Beef with Sugar Peas & Red Pepper
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Kechap Manis/ Black Pepper,” 05/30/2008, GBH Archives, accessed February 24, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC7AF4F2820D4F0CBF12ACB62629320F.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Kechap Manis/ Black Pepper.” 05/30/2008. GBH Archives. Web. February 24, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC7AF4F2820D4F0CBF12ACB62629320F>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Kechap Manis/ Black Pepper. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EC7AF4F2820D4F0CBF12ACB62629320F