La Plaza; Fernando Bujones: The Classic Pointe
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- La Plaza
- Fernando Bujones: The Classic Pointe
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
One of the foremost ballet dancers in the world is Cuban-born Fernando Bujones, the first North American winner of the prestigious Varna Competition. Colleagues and friends, such as Cynthia Gregory and the late Rudolph Nureyev, share some personal and professional insights about Bujones and his much-publicized rivalry with Mikhail Baryshnikov. First broadcast in 1991.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Fernando Bujones: The Classic Pointe,” 11/26/1990, GBH Archives, accessed December 5, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E935D7B337F2433D80CF82991F06B030.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Fernando Bujones: The Classic Pointe.” 11/26/1990. GBH Archives. Web. December 5, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E935D7B337F2433D80CF82991F06B030>.
- APA: La Plaza; Fernando Bujones: The Classic Pointe. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E935D7B337F2433D80CF82991F06B030