Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Collective, The
The Collective Letterbox
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Collective, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 49 Around the world, chefs and farmers are using their culinary talents to do more than just nourish. They’re helping reshape society. In a small town in upstate Vermont, meet four men who have created a sustainable food infrastructure. Cross the globe to Hanoi, Vietnam and visit a center that gives street kids the skills they need to work in the restaurant industry. High above Oaxaca, Mexico, the native people of a village play unique roles in their agricultural system. And in the Gourmet test kitchen, editor in chief Ruth Reichl turns grilled cheese sandwiches from ordinary to extraordinary with locally sourced ingredients.
RECIPES Four-Cheese Fondue Trout Empapelado Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Collective, The,” GBH Archives, accessed December 8, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7EF67F07F92490B947E1A88354B8E91.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Collective, The.” GBH Archives. Web. December 8, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7EF67F07F92490B947E1A88354B8E91>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Collective, The. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7EF67F07F92490B947E1A88354B8E91