Lidia Celebrates America; Holiday Tables and Traditions
PBS BACKUP MASTER LCAM101
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Lidia Celebrates America
- Holiday Tables and Traditions
- Program Number
- Series Description
This series is a multi-cultural experience celebrating the diversity in America. Celebrity chef and restaurateur Lidia Bastianich takes a culinary journey that will seat us at the table of families all across rural and urban America. From east to west, north to south, experience along with Lidia the diverse melting pot that is America. This series is a deeply personal journey that allows Lidia to share her culinary traditions, heritage and history with others who also have great stories to tell.
Specials—scheduled for broadcast in 2012—viewers will join Lidia for a variety of tasty ethnic celebrations, including weddings, rites of passage, and celebrations of independence. Series release date: 12/20/2011
- Program Description
The first in a series of Lidia Celebrates America specials coming to PBS, this one-hour program explores the American immigrant experience through the revelry of the holidays.
An Italian Christmas Eve. A Mexican-American Christmas Day. A Chinese New Year. A Passover Seder. Four holidays, four very different tables and traditions. As viewers participate in the various ethnic and religious celebrations across the country, it’s clear food is the common denominator that ties all human beings.
Pork Tamales: Course: Entree: Cuisine: Mexican: Theme: Meat
Roast Lobster with Bread Topping: Course: Entree: Cuisine: Italian: Theme: Seafood
Maggie and Stella’s Hand-Hacked Seafood Potstickers: Course: Appetizer: Cuisine: Chinese: Theme: Cooking with Kids
Octopus and Potato Salad: Course: Salad, Side Dish: Cuisine: Italian: Occasion: Christmas: Theme: Seafood
Monkfish Brodetto: Course: Entree: Cuisine: Italian: Occasion: Christmas: Theme: Seafood
Buddhist Vegetarian Stew (Lo Han Jai): Course: Entree, Soup and Stew: Cuisine: Chinese: Theme: Vegan, Vegetarian
Linguine with White Clam Sauce: Course: Entree: Cuisine: American, Italian: Theme: Seafood
Brisket: Miriam Reichl’s Corned Beef Ham: Course: Entree: Occasion: Jewish Holidays: Theme: Comfort Food, Meat
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Lidia Celebrates America; Holiday Tables and Traditions,” 10/21/2011, GBH Archives, accessed March 1, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB86ACC989924C93B9B73561FC9BCF01.
- MLA: “Lidia Celebrates America; Holiday Tables and Traditions.” 10/21/2011. GBH Archives. Web. March 1, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB86ACC989924C93B9B73561FC9BCF01>.
- APA: Lidia Celebrates America; Holiday Tables and Traditions. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB86ACC989924C93B9B73561FC9BCF01