Martha Speaks; Martha's Life In Crime
Martha’s Life in Crime, Part 1; Martha’s Life in Crime, Part 2 Martha Speaks MSPE 211 (dub) PBS
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Martha Speaks
- Martha's Life In Crime
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Parts 1 and 2 Broadcast on the Same Day.
Martha's Life in Crime, part 1
Martha tells the story of her puppy days in the animal shelter and her excitement of finding a family. But it turns out that Helen wasn't the first person who adopted Martha. (1st of two parts) Vocabulary
(E) autobiography, possible, yearn, promise, narrate, flashback
(I) tell, back then, now, recall, before
Martha's Life in Crime, part 2
Puppy Martha's new owner turns out to have unsavory plans for her. Can Martha turn the tables on the bumbling crooks and still find a family? (2nd of two parts) Vocabulary
(E) reminiscing, background, aspire, sequence
(I) time, past, wish, happened, when
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Life In Crime,” GBH Archives, accessed December 2, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C99FCF79966B46778E2A417DBD6471B2.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Life In Crime.” GBH Archives. Web. December 2, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C99FCF79966B46778E2A417DBD6471B2>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha's Life In Crime. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C99FCF79966B46778E2A417DBD6471B2