Evening at Pops; All That Jazz
Patti Austin , Peter Cinocotti , Byron Stripling
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evening at Pops
- All That Jazz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra and conductor Keith Lockhart celebrate an evening of extraordinary musical talent when they welcome rising star Peter Cincotti, who will entertain with highlights from his heralded debut album, including "Sway" and "Rainbow Connection." Paying tribute to the legendary team of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, celebrated singer Patti Austin and trumpet virtuoso Byron Stripling perform duets such as "Gee Baby Ain't I Good to You" and "Stompin' At The Savoy." This swinging episode of EVENING AT POPS will close the night with a rousing rendition of Chicago's "All That Jazz."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; All That Jazz,” 06/12/2003, GBH Archives, accessed October 4, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; All That Jazz.” 06/12/2003. GBH Archives. Web. October 4, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; All That Jazz. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C73264AB40474A789ED4998AD104EEF7