Jean Shepherd's America; And The Bad Guys Are Back On The Shore, Shaking Their Fists
NTW Dub of Original - 8/98
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Jean Shepherd's America
- And The Bad Guys Are Back On The Shore, Shaking Their Fists
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
Jean remembers one comic-strip from his boyhood in which the hero gets away in a houseboat. The bad guys are faked out, and left back on the shore shaking their fists. Ever since that time, Shepherd has wanted to be the “houseboat hero.” And now he gets his big chance on Jean Shepherd’s America. No bad guys this time, and no chase. Just Jean Shepherd on a houseboat.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; And The Bad Guys Are Back On The Shore, Shaking Their Fists,” 07/11/1972, GBH Archives, accessed September 28, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6431110CB4E4503A0F188CA87718F7C.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; And The Bad Guys Are Back On The Shore, Shaking Their Fists.” 07/11/1972. GBH Archives. Web. September 28, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6431110CB4E4503A0F188CA87718F7C>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; And The Bad Guys Are Back On The Shore, Shaking Their Fists. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C6431110CB4E4503A0F188CA87718F7C