Arthur; Locked in the Library!; Arthur Accused!
WGBH EE Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Locked in the Library!; Arthur Accused!
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Locked in the Library!: Arthur and Francine are fighting. (If only Arthur hadn't felt compelled to call Francine a marshmallow.) But when they both get locked inside the Elwood City Library they either have to make up, or prepare for a long, dreary, scary evening. The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
Arthur Accused!: When Buster opens his detective agency, he has no idea his first job will involve Arthur. Is Arthur really a thief? If not, then what happened to that bag of quarters Arthur was collecting for the fire department? The answer has something to do with Mrs. MacGrady (the lunch lady), a blender, and a big bowl of brownie dough. The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Locked in the Library!; Arthur Accused!,” 09/28/1997, GBH Archives, accessed December 4, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBCF97C4E1334BD1ADAB4B33C9A6E505.
- MLA: “Arthur; Locked in the Library!; Arthur Accused!.” 09/28/1997. GBH Archives. Web. December 4, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBCF97C4E1334BD1ADAB4B33C9A6E505>.
- APA: Arthur; Locked in the Library!; Arthur Accused!. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BBCF97C4E1334BD1ADAB4B33C9A6E505