Ten O'Clock News; High shots of Boston
High, wide, long shots of Boston environs from observation deck of Hancock Tower. Nearly aerial views of South End, Charles River, Boston Harbor, State House, and orange line T moving along elevated tracks.
- Ten O'Clock News
High shots of Boston
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- John Hancock Tower (Boston, Mass.)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- South End (Boston, Mass.)
- Charles River (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; High shots of Boston,” 09/10/1976, GBH Archives, accessed January 24, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B86CC8D8AD004067935238BAAC3DCE81.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; High shots of Boston.” 09/10/1976. GBH Archives. Web. January 24, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B86CC8D8AD004067935238BAAC3DCE81>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; High shots of Boston. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B86CC8D8AD004067935238BAAC3DCE81