Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Singapore Street Hawker Food
Simply Ming Singapore: KF Seetoh Street Hawker Food
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Singapore Street Hawker Food
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
912: KF SEETOH, Asian Food Expert & STREET HAWKER FOOD LOCATION: Singapore
On this special episode of Simply Ming, Ming Tsai tours the famous hawker stalls of Singapore and experiences the myriad of tastes that Singapore street food has to offer. After trying the best of the best, Ming and KF Seetoh make their own version of their favorite street food right in the middle of all the action...on the fly in Singapore.
Recipes: Roti Prata Surf and Turf Sandwich KF Seetoh's Coffee Pork Ribs with Caramelized Pineapple
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Singapore Street Hawker Food,” 11/08/2011, GBH Archives, accessed January 19, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B750CE06E5A34E4A987F53FF48EF1D0B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Singapore Street Hawker Food.” 11/08/2011. GBH Archives. Web. January 19, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B750CE06E5A34E4A987F53FF48EF1D0B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Singapore Street Hawker Food. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B750CE06E5A34E4A987F53FF48EF1D0B